slide show

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Do Love Children


Welcome to our studio’s inaugural blog.  Thank you so much for joining us in the inner workings of the studio and our lives (one in the same!). 

This week was such a wonderful week filled with amazing new clients, which is a little different.  Most are repeat clientele that I have come to know and enjoy spending time with.  I will admit that I prefer it to be this way.  Getting to know the kids is so much fun, and when they come back to the studio they look forward to getting to do whatever they want and always have a fun experience (and, of course, scoring some treats).  One of my clients told her little boy that he had a choice:  he could go to Grandma’s or go to Ona’s to pick out photos.  He chose to come to the studio, and we were pretty sure that it was because he knew that he was going to get some goodies and possibly jump on a couch or two.  (I’m talking to you, Sarah Diesel!)

This week I had the privilege of photographing a newborn baby.  She was absolutely beautiful, and lucky to be born into an obviously loving family.  Her father told me that he could see in my work that I love children.  I am sure that this is something obvious to most people, but it was one of the first times that I had actually heard someone say it out loud.  It made my heart swell. 

I do love children. 

Ever since I can remember, children gravitated to me, and me to them.  Even as a young girl, I always felt a need to protect children, and to be on their level.  Although they are young, children don’t forget the way that you made them feel, and I have found that every little thing you do can stick.  My goal is to make them feel welcomed with open arms and that they are in a safe place filled with love. 

This is the same creed that I live by with my own beautiful children.  Even on two hours of sleep and ready to pull my hair out, I still want them to feel and know that they are loved more than anything on this earth, and that one day they can look back and say, “Wow, my mom REALLY loved me.”

I hope that I make all of my kiddos that come into the studio very welcome and loved.  I can say that they are mine, as they all become a part of me.

Until next time,
Ona
xoxoxoxo
 
 "Adam & Ava"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Connect with Me

PhotobucketPhotobucket